Monday, March 22, 2010

Entry 80

Day 80 - I went on a date tonight. It was a second date with Jessika -- the girl I went out with in February. We had it all planned as a very relaxed evening, including ice cream, maybe dinner, and getting a movie from RedBox.

Throughout the course of the date, I fell UP a flight of stairs (and yes, it is as dumb and painful as it sounds), I shattered the screen of my iPhone (and she cut her finger on it when she picked it up), I forgot my jacket so she insisted on not bringing hers (it was freezing cold) and I lost our parking space so we had to walk from Fouts.

To top it all off, when we went back to her room with dinner, she did a "10 second cleanup" and put a bunch of stuff under her desk. I then accidentally proceeded to spill a 32 oz. Dr Pepper all over and under her desk. We spent the next 15 minutes cleaning...


...but she was an amazing date, yet again. She was patient with me, calm about the spill, sweet and worried when I fell, apologetic even though she did nothing wrong, and we stayed up for hours just talking. By the end of the night, we were laughing at how ridiculous the date was compared to our amazing first date; we set up a third date to make up for it this coming Saturday.

This picture is of the desk, the wipes we used to clean it, and the Dr Pepper in question. Enjoy the humor in the awesome metaphor that was the most unique date I will probably have for a long time.



p.s. I keep forgetting to mention that she read Pablo Neruda to me, played a song on acoustic guitar for me (I think the guitar's name was Oscar?), and brought me her favorite children's book from home just so I could read it. I think I'll keep her around for a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment