Friday, February 19, 2010

Entry 48

Day 48 - Sooooooooo, about that date I mentioned...

...I wasn't quite sure if I was even ready to be dating, much less with a girl who recently left her boyfriend of three years. But, considering the person, I didn't think I had anything to worry about.

So I planned a basic date for my friend Jessika and I -- dinner and a movie. I guess we both let ourselves get caught up in it at first, because about 45 minutes into the "date" we started weighing it logically; we discovered that it wasn't a real date at all.

It looked like a date, felt like a date at first, and I set it up to be a date. But as it turned out, she was just using me to get back at the recent ex-boyfriend because he absolutely loathed me. Still, I held my head high and went on with the date (trying not to break a sweat).

It was fun, and it lasted from 7:00 P.M. until almost 2:00 A.M., during which she had to stop me several times because her "face hurt from smiling too much." After that, I went home, and tried not to be depressed over the fact that I had just been used as a tool in a rather unsettling ploy...

No comments:

Post a Comment