Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh. No. He's going to fuck it up, isn't he?

...infamous words of comfort from Jessica about Ted in "How I Met Your Mother". Now that I've officially introduced her to the series from the beginning, it was fun to see her and some of her friends' reactions to Ted saying, "I think I'm in love with you," on his first date with Robin.

So far, the pilot and first two episodes got good reception! Well, with the exception of people cringing aloud (yes, aloud) at the humiliations Ted would set himself up for.

That, and the two woman of the audience having their hearts broken again, since Neil Patrick Harris is gay.

But he still makes me smile! I remind people frequently that he is my second favorite gay person ever (right behind Freddie Mercury, front man for legendary rockband Queen).

Incidentally, if you haven't see Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog (you'd have to have been living under a rock, or really just never listen to me when I talk) then have a gander:



Magical! Haha, well I still enjoy it. Felicia Day does an amazing job (as always) and I can't speak highly enough about Joss Whedon...anyway: sushi, introducing people to my favorite show ever, introducing my Band's lead singer to some music that I love...it was a good night.

Oh yeah, the band stuff. I'll tell you more about it later. I'm really excited, but I don't want to jinx it. The very basic is that most of the songs are already done lyrically; I just have to lay down some rhythm...a cateogry which I happen to be particularly awesome at when I don't really have anything holding me back.

I am currently being talked down by a friend of mine - calling her...uhh, Elizabeth - about making a very stupid decision. It's not one I'm proud of, but Ifeel like I'll miss my chance if I don't just do it soon. Sadly, the person this most directly affects already suspects I'm guilty before I've even committed the crime (go figure).

I have given Elizabeth about an hour or so to convince me it's a stupid idea...regardless, I don't see this ending pretty! I'm all jacked up on water and wasabi, and I want to destroy something beautiful.


Classes begin anew tomorrow. Another week, and another couple of exams. A midterm for Japanese too! Countdown two and a half weeks until the next big holiday...hope I can make it.


Over and out, David


p.s. remind me later to tell you about my new diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment