Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chronicle Project - Day 3


Day 3 - Today was fairly uneventful. Since my car broke down yesterday, I had to make it back to my family's home. Took a couple of hours, but I made it and then griped for about an hour about needing to get my car repaired. Still, it gives me another few days with my family, and my gorgeous (albeit often stupid) dog, Ditch!

He's a few years old now, but I still refer to him as 'my puppy' when I talk about him. He's the latest in a long line of family dogs with a name that starts with "D" -- just like my brothers and I. We found him when he was ditched on the side of the road one day while I was down for summer vacation; he looked malnourished and only about a month old. I thought -- given the circumstances of his freedom from his obviously horrible previous home -- that his name should be Ditch.

He's a mutt, but I love him because I know I am too. But, I know that if I ever want to take him with me, someday I need to own a backyard because he's too big and hyper to be an inside dog.

1 comment: