Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chronicle Project - Day 2


Day 2 - Today I was driving back to my apartment in Denton from my Family's home in Harlingen. It's about a 10 hour drive, and during the first hour you have to pass a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (formerly Border Patrol) checkpoint. I have passed through checkpoints more times than I can count, and they become a kind of familiar haven for me.

However this time around, I ran into a bit of an issue with my car after leaving the checkpoint. My transmission busted and dropped to first gear. I slowly made my way to the safety of my best friend's apartment in Kingsville, and I will spend the night here until I can tow back tomorrow. The irony is I just got my car inspected, but state inspections don't include transmission checks.



A long day to not accomplish much of anything. Nought-Ten is already proving to be a tedious year for me. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but at least I'm making good on my project so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment