Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This is the Sound of Settling

So let's say for a minute that in approximately 1 hour there is an international holiday. It has occurred every year since 1986, though I am primarily the only one involved in the festivities. Let's say, perchance, that it is called:
AWESOME DAY!!!

Yes, boys and girls, awesome day is upon us. I have a number of events planned for the week, and they have slowly begun to unravel and transpire. For now, I will say this much...if you have a chance to see me tomorrow, I think I will look more awesome than usual (if that's even possible).

Aside from that, I don't really have plans. Stake your claim now while you have the chance, but since it's in the middle of the week, I bet most people are busy...so I forgive you all. I'll be Twittering throughout the day too with my coordinates if you want to track me down.


Now, as for today: I found out some very disheartening rumors that have been circulating. They were something I was already aware of, but had never figured out quite where they originated until today. The worst part was that this shocking revelation that it was...

...Scarlet.

Yeah. I know. Right? Anyway, I had planned on talking with Scarlet earlier today, but got kind of tied up with some friends and a lot of homework. Ultimately, this news just reminded me on why I gave up on women in the first place.

A short while back, I'd already given up on Scarlet as a romantic interest and just kept it professional. I didn't want things to get awkward, but then some people very close to me were dragged into it all inadvertently. Once word got back to me, I was livid.

So now, the plan is nothing. I plan to do nothing, but enjoy Awesome Day! I will also leave you with a song to mark the occasion...


"...Our youth is fleeting.
Old age is just around the bend.
And I can't wait to go grey.

And I'll sit and wonder
Of every love that could've been,
If I'd only thought of something charming to say..."

- Death Cab For Cutie
The Sound of Settling



Plans for the rest of the week include a couple of reports due, an essay to write, a quiz tomorrow morning (Japan didn't get the memo about the holiday) and an exam on Friday. Jessica is still sick, so workouts are on hold until she gets better or otherwise notified. Other than that, there are some friends of mine that want me to hit 6th Street with them in Austin, and some others that want to grab some sus

Also, I found this little tidbit laying around, and thought I'd share it. I don't quite remember how old I was, but I have been celebrating Awesome Day since I was a kid! Check It! No, but seriously, I look like a dork don't I? But at least my family could get me to stand still for more than five seconds when I was a child. It's still hard to do, but at least I have a lot more self-control...kinda.

Enjoy the holiday tomorrow, and come back for a new blog...maybe even a Vlog or two (if I can get my webcam working). Speaking of which, anyone know some inexpensive video-editing software? I kinda want to do this 110% so get back to me.




Over and Out,

David "The Kid" Lucio

No comments:

Post a Comment