Thursday, April 23, 2009

Frank Sinatra

...is timeless. He really is. And that's not saying the rest of the Rat Pack was any less amazing, but come on it's Frank. He put a magic into his music that...well, I can't help but want to love someone.

Yesterday (being that it's now 1:45 a.m.) was Earth Day, and the day was fitting: the sun was out, the sky was clear and it was a beautiful example of springtime in Texas. And tonight the air is crisp, cooling off and wonderful, and as I sip a coffee to put me to sleep (yes, sleep) I am reminded of my favorite Sinatra song:



Fly Me to the Moon


"Fly me to the moon,
And let me sing among those stars.
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars.

In other words, hold my hand.
In other words, darling kiss me.

Fill my heart with song,
And let me sing for ever more.
You are all I long for,
All I worship and adore.

In other words, please be true!
In other words, I love you..."


- Francis Albert Sinatra
from: It Might as Well Be Swing (1964)


So good. Makes me smile. And damn could he pull of a suit. Anyway, Denton's Arts & Jazz Festival is this weekend, and I will be in attendance. It might not be the same kind of music, but I do love me a good bass line, some sweet saxophone, echoing trumpets and mean guitar riffs. Plus, I will probably meet up with a few people there, so if you're around give me a call Friday night.



Over and out,

David Lucio

No comments:

Post a Comment