Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fine.

I don't normally do these chain letter style posts. I always feel bothered about them, because most of them are odd questionnaires about "What's your favorite fruit?", "Write all your answers with one word", or some shit. But, when one just kind of lets you make the rules...

...it sparks my curiosity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

[I was tagged, but I won't be doing any tagging. I'm a rule breaker, what can I say?]

1. Yes, I have gone through punk and emo phases, and no I don't regret either of them. I had hair to my shoulders, colored it bright red, blue, had a mohawk and a fauxhawk for a bit, and wore spiked bracelets, painted my nails black and wore eyeliner...gotta love Tiger Army and Anti-Flag.

2. I used to have a pet duck, three pet red-eared sliders (turtles) and a tortoise. Our family has also had about nine dogs and three cats. I remember all their names and what they looked like. I sometimes secretly get sad around my friend Jessica's dog Kessie because she looks like my first dog Dallas that died when I was five. :-(

3. Every year, my brothers and I take turns playing practical jokes on my parents for April Fools. When I did it, I convinced them that I had knocked up my girlfriend at the time, and we eloped...my father wouldn't speak to me for months, but my mom thought it was hilarious (mostly).

4. I am deathly afraid of heights, spiders and dying alone.

5. I used to play violin...for about five years. My family moved, and where we went, they had no idea what an orchestra was, and there were no private tutors in the area at the time...so I saved money and took up bass guitar.

6. My dream used to be 'being an Olympic athlete"...that was only four years ago. It's since been shattered, but at least I got a nice slap in the face to let me know the world is not fair.

7. I have mild insomnia, and will go on bouts of sleepless nights or force myself to work on three hours of sleep. Get me tired enough, and I'll tell you anything you want to know, even if I really don't want to say it.

8. I once had one of my little brothers throw me through a wall, had my older brother shatter a sliding glass door trying to hit me with a rock, and he one of my brothers try to kick my ass in front of his friends to look cool...and that's all just rough-housing.

9. Until we finally got to chose our own haircuts, our parents chose for us. I went through a mushroom cut, a mullet and a flat top...when I finally chose for myself, my decisions weren't much better.

10. I have asthma, so I won't ever use cigarettes, hooka or bongs. Often when I decline types of smoking, people always call me a square. But, when I tell them "I have asthma" most of them apologize like crazy...

11. I wish i could own a baby polar bear, because they're adorable as young, and adult bears are frightening, huge and powerful creatures that are to be feared by all...but if I could train it to love me, I would ride it.

12. I like cursing in other languages, because oftentimes I forget what I'm saying. Plus, profanity translates very well in tone and diction: Kisama! Guerca Chingada! Fathangu! Connard!

13. I am a nerd. Not a secret, but it doesn't always come across right away.

14. I wish I could be a rockstar, but have since settled for the idea that I could be a tech journalist...travel to Japan, go to big conventions, try out the newest in gadgets and gizmos and just write.

15. I have a portfolio of about a dozen songs, a few poems and short prose, and two stories. The first story I have was stuck on chapter three, and I lost my muse. The new story has made it to chapter six, but again I lost my muse...I want desperately to finish that story, and have it printed someday.

16. I have minimal experience in Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Aikido, Jeet Kun Do, Kendo and (surprisingly) Swing Dancing. I know that last one seems unrelated, but if you ever make fun of the fact that I like to swing dance, you have been warned that I can kill you.

17. I hate Target. Not because it's bad, but because I worked at one when I was younger.

18. I over-tip when I have a good waiter or waitress, because I've also worked in the food industry, and it blows...I tip men better, because I also know women get better tips.

19. When we were kids, my brothers and I would watch old saturday morning cartoons like the Mario Bros., Sonic The Hedgehog, G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, Transformers and a few others. I still record cartoons on my DVR just in case I feel like having a kid-day.

20. I say the word "balls" when I'm particularly frustrated, mostly because I think the English have a good thing going with "bollocks" and we overuse the word "fuck" in America.

21. I do have a list of what my perfect woman would be, but I don't let women know what they have or don't most of the time...I will, however, tell them their rating on a 10 point scale if they bother me enough...but typically that results in the loss of a point automatically.

22. I wish I could have met Bruce Lee and Jesse Owens. They were such badasses.

23. My favorite thing about stories, mythology and literature are when the heroes are portrayed as human...bitter, cynical, torn, vengeful, stubborn and not-omnipotent.

24. One day I want to own a lake, surrounded by Japanese cherry blossoms. The blooming and wilting are two of the most beautiful sights in the entire world, because the bright pink and white petals land on the lake's surface and cover it like snowfall...oh, yeah I also love Zen as a concept.

25. I want to fly a giant robot. And rule the world. Yeah, that'd be cool.

2 comments:

  1. I love to swing dance. And #8 is like comin' home to me.

    That's enough of the identifying, now.
    The truth is, I have a pile of sand in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was dogfood. and i can't believe it didn't hit you. more so i cant believe it shattered that fucking door.

    ReplyDelete